The school year will open on 01.09. The Ministerial Committee for the Corona Virus (Corona Cabinet) has now approved the outline for the opening of the school year.
– The school year will open normaly on Wednesday, 01/09/21(elementary and post-elementary).
– Students in the education system will be vaccinated on school grounds during school hours, subject to parental approval.
– Approved learning outline in red cities. (over 70% of students vaccinated: in class learning. under 70% of students vaccinated: online learning).
The Prime Minister. Naftali Bennett. discussed the corona issues with the Ministerial Committee at the Prime Minister’s Office in Jerusalem. They discussed a number of issues, including opening the education system in a safe and orderly manner, while balancing the needs of the economy with the epidemiological needs.
The following are the decisions of the Cabinet:
The school year will open as a series on Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 24 Elul 5771.
In eighth-twelfth grade in red cities:. If the grade (as a whole) has over 70% of the students vaccinated, then the teaching will be done in class. If there is less than 70% of students vaccinated, then there will be online learning.
* This percentage of “vaccinated students” will include vaccinated and recovering students who have a positive serological test result (antibodies).
– Students in the education system will be vaccinated on the school grounds during school hours. (As needed and subject to parental approval).
– Self-tests – On the opening day of the school year, students up to the age of 12 will be required to present parental approval to perform an antigen test that has a negative result.
This will also apply to teaching staff in kindergartens and schools, as well as to the staff caring for the health system.